Garrett Withdraws From Fast 5
Netball Australia - October 23rd, 2018
Matilda Garrett has withdrawn from the Australian Fast5 team after sustaining a low-grade quad strain at training over the weekend.
Queenslander Tara Hinchliffe will take Garrett’s place in the team ahead of the Fast5 Netball World Series being played at Melbourne Arena this coming weekend.
Hinchliffe caught a last-minute flight to Melbourne yesterday to join the Australian Fast5 team for the pre-tournament training camp that kicks off today.
While Australian Fast5 team coach Stacey Marinkovich is disappointed to again lose one of her key players in Garrett, she’s confident Hinchliffe has what it takes to perform on the Fast5 world stage this weekend.
“I am excited to be working with Tara who has shown throughout the Suncorp Super Netball season that she is an upcoming talent who contests first ball and plays a shutdown role in defence whilst strategically reading the game with experience ahead of her years,” she said.
“I am really looking forward to working with the youth of the Netball Australia pathway and seeing what this dynamic team can collectively achieve this weekend at the Fast5 tournament.”
The final Australian Fast5 Netball World Series team is:
- Jessica Anstiss – Western Australia
- Kiera Austin – New South Wales
- Laura Scherian – Queensland
- Sophie Garbin – Western Australia
- Tara Hinchliffe – Queensland
- Kimberley Jenner – Queensland
- Sarah Klau – South Australia
- Maddy Proud – South Australia
- Samantha Poolman – New South Wales
- Kaylia Stanton – Western Australia